Maxstoke

Friday 10 February - Maxstoke

 
Oh my goodness me. What a wild, crazy, amazing show we had tonight. The Maxstoke audience were just on fire and they really lit us up! This would have to be the smallest stage in the history of stages and the hall was packed to capacity (and then some), we were almost sitting on the front table which is handy when it comes to audience participation of course. Greg, Tnee and I agree that magic really happened at this performance.

One of my fondest memories of the tour happened tonight when an older gentleman, immaculately dressed ina red sweater and tweed hat took my hand and slowly explained to me what the night had been like for him. "There is a special box that we all keep near us" he said, "a memory box that we carefully place moments into". I could feel myself tearing up! "In times of need, I open up that box to relive the joy and happiness of those moments". His warm hand and kind face were melting me, "my dear, you've just given me a wonderful thing to put in my memory box". Oh no - way, way, way too sweet.

The audience gave us a spontaneous standing ovation at the end of the show and among the sea of bodies I caught a glimpse of an elderly gent in a bow tie, almost crying with joy. Kevin, our bar-tender, venue manager extradorinaire told us he had experienced not one but three moments of "aiwa" (some kind of word for magic ... I could have this spelled incorrectly!) where the hairs on the back of neck stood up and would not sit down. Priceless night.


Oh Maxstoke, we will be back - it's a must.